MA Syriac Theology offers
- Comprehensive knowledge of Syriac language, history and theology
- The only MA of its kind in Europe
- Unique combination of academic study and practical experience of Syriac liturgy and culture at first hand
- Learn Syriac from native Syriac speakers
- Be taught by internationally renowned Syriac specialists
- International and ecumenical community of students
|Length||4 semesters/2 years|
|Academic Degree||MA (CE) Master of Arts (Continuing Education)|
|Total fees||3,800 €|
|Entry requirements||Bachelor degree (in a relevant subject) Relevant work experience (ca. 2+ years) Advanced English (C1)
Elementary Syriac Interview
International and ecumenical
To date MA students have been welcomed from countries including Austria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Poland, Turkey, Syria, Russia, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Iraq, India, Hong Kong, South Korea and the USA.
The different denominations represented by the MA students include Protestant, Methodist, Presbyterian, Russian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Syrian Orthodox, Malankara, Catholic and East Syriac.
Why study in Salzburg?
- Beautiful UNESCO world heritage city in the centre of Europe
- Voted Lonely Planets “Best City in the world to visit” in 2019
- Historical, musical and cultural city
- Excellent quality of life
- Stunning natural beauty in Salzburg and the surrounding area with mountains and lakes
- Ideal centrally located Student accommodation
“Where else in the world could students benefit from a course on Syriac Canon Law by the world expert on Oriental Canon Law?”
“I applaud the University of Salzburg for developing this excellent program, and for providing this marvellous opportunity for aspiring teachers and scholars”